*** Recipes Tutorials ***
These Apple Dumplings are swimming in a buttery vanilla sauce. My family loves them. I hope you will, too.
- Granny Smith apples
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 small can Mountain Dew
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
- Now when I first saw the ingredients I though.......there's NO way that just these few things will make something THAT good. Boy was I wrong.
- So you start by peeling and coring the apples and then cutting them into 8 slices each. I didn't core mine, I peeled them, then sliced them in half and then half again. Then I cut out the core.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll
- Place in the buttered pan
- Melt the two sticks of butter, add the sugar and vanilla and stir
- Pour over the apple dumplings.........*drool*
- Now grab that small can or bottle of mountain dew and pour it over the sides AND the middle......OH.MY.GOLLY. It's SO GOOD.
- Btw if you don't have Mountain Dew, you can use Sprite, Sierra Mist or even Mello Yello or Squirt I think might work too.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake them at 350º for 40 minutes.
- Walk around the house sniffing the air because this gives out the yummiest scent ever.