*** Recipes Tutorials ***
A great finger food for that “bring a dish” party. What could go wrong with bacon, sugar and spices? Nothing. Cubes of chicken wrapped with bacon and coated with brown sugar, chili powder and cumin. Baked until crispy. A skill level of 3/10 (easy). Plus it is easy to double or triple if needed.
- about 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds bacon
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 T chili powder
- 1/2 t cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 convection. In a large mixing bowl, combine ⅔ cup dark brown sugar, 2 T chili powder and ½ t cumin. Mix well.
- Clean and trim about 1¼ pounds of skinless boneless chicken breast. Cut into approx. 1 inch cubes.
- If using thick bacon, thin out with the back edge of a chef knife. Cut the bacon in half, roll around the chicken cubes and secure with a tooth pick. This is the point to cover and refrigerate for better timing.
- Prep baking sheet with aluminum foil a rack and spray with PAM.
- Roll the pieces in the brown sugar mixture. Be sure to pack some in the ends. Place on the rack.
- Bake until golden brown. About 35 minutes for me. Cover with foil on heavy dish to keep warm until served.